TacAero offers a unique range of flight services, described in more detail below or online here. The company also is the FBO for Ken Jernstedt Airfield in Hood River.
- Flight Training: TacAero offers programs for private, instrument, and commercial flight training in a variety of fixed-wing planes and we specialize in tailwheel training. TacAero is also the CubCrafters exclusive factory transition trainer, offering basic and advanced tailwheel courses specifically tailored to these aircraft. Our Backcountry flying and survival courses appeal to pilots who regularly get into the wilderness for work or recreation.
- Maintenance: TacAero now performs annuals and 100-hour inspections along with any maintenance requests you might have, specializing in tailwheel and antique aircraft. We are your “Airworthiness Experts” for most airframes and powerplants.
- Aerial Services: Many of TacAero’s planes are configured to accept specialized aerial sensor systems. We fly multi-spectral camera systems to support the Precision Agriculture needs of Northwest farmers, and also provide the requisite GIS imaging processing services. Our pilots perform the flight testing and certification of sophisticated imaging payloads bound for civil and military applications around the world, many of which end up on Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. We are positioned to provide search & rescue, fire overwatch, and emergency response for oil spills, earthquake, mudslides, and other incidents.
- Scenic Flights: Transform an ordinary day into an extraordinary experience of a lifetime. Come enjoy an adventure of open cockpit flying while soaring over the many of Columbia Gorge’s most notable attractions – Mt. Hood, lava fields, and Multnomah falls (the second largest year-round waterfall in the United States) – just to name a few.
- Jeremy Young, President
- Brian Prange, Vice-President
3608 Airport Road
Hood River, OR 97031