Strengthening children, families and communities in the Gorge.
The Next Door, the largest non-profit social service provider in the Columbia Gorge, serves the people of Hood River, Wasco, Sherman, Gilliam and Wheeler Counties in Oregon and Klickitat and Skamania Counties in Washington.
We help people change their lives by developing skills for healthy lives and build stronger communities by:
- Giving ever parent the support they need through home visits and education.
- Providing a safety net for children at risk of abuse and neglect and for victims of crime.
- Education and treatment for at-risk youth and families.
- Leadership opportunities and economic development for our Latino neighbors.
- Health and wellness education and advocacy.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters and Mentor for Success Mentoring programs.
The Next Door joined GTA for our Klahre House Alternative High School students, who benefit from the involvement of GTA members through mentorship.
- Janet Hamada, Executive Director
- April Abernethy, Director of Development
- Carolyn Zuck, Communications Specialist
965 Tucker Rd
Hood River, OR 97031
318 W. 2nd St
The Dalles, OR 97058