The listing of resources and partners below are here to help you locate or expand your business in the Gorge.
Chambers of Commerce
Our Chambers promote your business, help you relocate to the Gorge and provide local information:
- Hood River County Chamber of Commerce
- The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Goldendale Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mt Adams Chamber of Commerce
- Skamania County Chamber of Commerce
Our Ports serve your business with properties and development:
- Port of Cascade Locks
- Port of Hood River
- Port of Klickitat
- Port of The Dalles
- Port of Skamania County
County Economic Development
Our County Economic Development offices work to connect you with additional information and resources:
- Klickitat County Economic Development
- Skamania County Economic Development Council
- Sherman County Economic Development
- Wasco County Economic Development Commission
- Mid-Columbia Economic Development District: Gap loans and financing for companies creating new jobs. MCEDD can help determine which loan program (or combination of programs) best suits your needs and can facilitate contact with other programs as well.
- Mount Hood Economic Alliance: A partnership between Clackamas, Hood River and Wasco counties to provide gap financing loans for local businesses. MHEA provides secondary financing for businesses unable to secure (enough) financing through conventional banking means.
- Oregon Investment Board: Business loans within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.
- Washington Investment Board: Business loans within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area.
Higher Education Institution
- Columbia Gorge Community College: Serving the Gorge from campuses in Hood River and The Dalles
Northwest Business Support Organizations
- Oregon Small Business Development Center Network: Provides workshops, trainings, and counseling services for small businesses in Oregon.
- Washington Small Business Development Centers: Provides workshops, trainings, and counseling services for small businesses in Washington.
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network: “Improving the climate for emerging, growth oriented companies across Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.” The Gorge Chapter is a partner of the GTA.
- Technology Association of Oregon: The largest professional technology association in Oregon and SW Washington.
- Innovate Washington: Out to make Washington the best place to launch your innovations and grow your company.
- TechLink: Creates partnerships between the Department of Defense and private industry to develop, transfer, and transition leading-edge technologies.
State and Federal Economic Development
- Oregon Business Development Department: The Oregon state department with loans, grants and information about locating your business in Oregon.
- Washington Department of Commerce: The Washington state department with loans, grants and information about locating your business in Washington.
- USDA Rural Development, Oregon Office: In partnership with the private sector and community-based organizations, USDA provides financial assistance and planning for businesses in Oregon.
- USDA Rural Development, Washington Office: In partnership with the private sector and community-based organizations, USDA provides financial assistance and planning for businesses in Washington.