GTA events bring together the tech community of the Gorge for learning and networking opportunities. Learn about Event Sponsorship opportunities here.
- This event has passed.
Bureau of Industy and Security’s Compliance Briefing & Export Enforcement Priorities
July 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pmfree
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Commerce, you are cordially invited to a BIS Compliance Briefing presented by Assistant Secretary for Export Enforcement Matthew S. Axelrod.
This conference will provide an update on BIS enforcement policies, actions, voluntary disclosure, and resent measures taken in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
Topics will range through:
- Administrative enforcement changes for export controls and antiboycott programs.
- Commerce Department’s efforts to hold Russia accountable.
- Impact on the Aerospace sector.
- New Academic Outreach initiative.
- Examples of recent Charging Letters and Temporary Denial Orders.
- Bilateral discussions with Canada Border Services Agency and Global Affairs Canada.
This event is hosted by the International Trade Administration, USDOC and supported by the Oregon District Export Council, Pacific Northwest Defense Coalition and the Gorge Tech Alliance.